ASTEXVIEWER (CCP4: Supported Program)
- Java program for display molecular structures and electron density maps
CONDITIONS OF USE
AstexViewer has been provided as it may prove useful to the structural biology
community. No warranties of any kind are provided or implied.You may use the program
for any purpose subject to the conditions of supply and use in the CCP4 Software
Licence and the following additional terms and Conditions of Use:
- AstexViewer is provided as is and Astex makes no warranty as to its use,
performance or results which the user may obtain using the software.
- Astex makes no warranty, express or implied, as to the merchantability,
non-infringement of third party rights, or fitness for any particular purpose.
- In no event will Astex be liable to the user for any consequential, incidental
or special damages, including any lost profits or savings, or for any claim by any
- The user is permitted to use, copy and distribute the AstexViewer software
provided that this is performed under the terms of these Conditions of Use and the
CCP4 Software Licence. A notice to Astex Technology must appear in all copies.
If you use the AstexViewer on a publicly accessible internet site the user shall
include the Astex company logo on the site as well as an acknowledgement of the origin
of the program.
- The user is not permitted to repackage the software for inclusion in other
packages without the prior approval of Astex.
- The user is not permitted to copy, modify, sublicence, distribute or transfer
the AstexViewer software except as expressly provided under these Conditions of Use
and the CCP4 Software Licence. Any attempt otherwise will automatically terminate
any user rights to use the AstexViewer software.
- Astex is under no obligation to maintain the AstexViewer software nor to respond
to requests for information from the user.
- Any publication arising from the use of AstexViewer should be accompanied by a
reference to Astex Technology as the originator and author of the AstexViewer
- All other terms and conditions of the supply of AstexViewer by CCLRC shall apply
as specified in the CCP4 Software Licence.
AstexViewer is a program for displaying molecular structures and electron density
maps. It has been developed specifically for displaying protein/ligand complexes and
is not intended for high quality molecular graphics.
The full documentation can be found
Two examples of running AstexViewer as an applet in a html page:
- Simple example
- Example using Trypsin/Benzamidine data
Astex Technology Ltd., 250 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road
Cambridge, CB4 0WE, UK